Thursday, June 17, 2010

Swagger Wagon

Yes, I drive a minivan.... and contrary to what the blog title says, it's NOT a true swagger wagon. I don't have myself a Toyota Sienna. We ball out in a Nissan Quest. I love my minivan. I love the fact that I can fit all of my children plus a few others in the van and we aren't all so close that we can feel each other breathe. I love that there is room to bring the kids toys, strollers, etc. with us wherever we go.
I HATE the fact that I have concreted myself to never being "sexy" again. As a woman you know what I'm talking about..... no matter how badly you may feel about yourself, you pull up at a red light and are almost guaranteed to be "checked-out" by some random redneck in a beat-up pickup truck. And although you know that it shouldn't make you happy, it does. It kinda gives your self esteem a boost that you can still turn someones head, regardless of how greasy that head may be. Well, FYI.... once you get the minivan that all STOPS! You no longer even turn the head of the random redneck. I blame this on the van, but perhaps it's really a statement of me more (yikes!).
If you drive a minivan and still get checked out please don't tell me... my fragile self esteem can't handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment